Friday, June 5, 2015
1830's Brocade Dress
From the seller:
Thanks for looking at this stunning ladies day dress.
• international buyers this dress will be shipped through global shipping. I can control pricing so please bid accordingly, thank you
• this dress is very stunning with the fabric of feeling of silk. I am not an expert on fabric but it feels very silky.
• The top is off the shoulders and has I think you call it piping around and at the mid point there is tuffing and then they tapper off at the bottom.
• The dress may have a pin hole here or there and maybe some dirt? but very very lovely. I have not cleaned or pressed it.
• The closures are at thread type eye and a hook, with two string ties at the waist with hook and eye. The same closures are on the front bust area.
• The underside lining needs a few stitches it looks like but by no means is it distracting to this dress.
• please see all pictures and ask questions as there is no refunds or returns. Please keep watching.
It looks like there have been some later "fixes" or alterations, however, overall, the dress looks pretty much like it would have back in 1836/1837. It reminds me a bit of this dress.