Friday, March 6, 2015
Natural Form Dressing Gown
From the seller:
ace cotton night gown robe antique Victorian Edwardian original 1800 long white
Antique Victorian nightgown or robe
1. antique not reproduction
2. cotton not blend
3. not torn, no holes
4. all buttons are there, all match, hidden button down the front
5. stored for years, mostly clean, little if any yellowing
6. see spot on back yoke, two similar spots on side near bottom, may wash out
7. fabric is crisp tight weave cotton, no rot
1. across shoulders, 12 in.
2. sleeves 18 in.
3. bust 36 in.
4. neck 13 in.
5. length from shoulder, 47 in.
6. around bottom, 96 in.
Free parcel select shipping in US
Based on the overall shape to include the a-line look, the button front, the high neckline- and that v-shape in the back, I believe this to be from the Natural Form era - maybe about 1878/1879.